Adapting Les Parapluies de Cherbourg - Head Retopology

Retopology for the head from the high-res mesh. I do still need to work on surface details with the higher poly but at the moment this is more important!

Adapting Les Parapluies de Cherbourg - Small Additions

Made the first shot less bare (above) and added some proxy polypaints for vis purposes to Genevieve's model. Still need to step up subdivisions of the body/head, hair and eyebrows but I won't do that right now.

Adapting Les Parapluies de Cherbourg - Further Model Progress

Worked on the dress with its ribbons, as well as the ribbon in her hair. There's something still off about the face I wanna fix when I figure out just what that is that's causing it..
I'm not too sure how I'll make sure the hair doesn't clip through the dress when she lifts her head at the moment.

Adapting Les Parapluies de Cherbourg - Likeness

Firstly, I added some smaller details around the handlebars from the previous image as they looked plain, and we're going for that blooming feeling! I need to add some bells of some sort to greater reflect the music. (that whole scene is so bare currently)

Crucially I'm trying to strike a balance between style and getting a likeness of Catherine Deneuve's face. - It's very difficult! I had spent the last few days trying to get an almost photo-realistic likeness with another 3d model. (but to save face here, i'm not going to show you that monstrosity) I however couldn't get it right nor charming enough. The seemingly bald model above was my 1.5 creation starting from scratch but it was bland and not stylistically interesting enough and so I worked on it some more to get the closest above (with hair). I'm nowhere near happy with it yet but I think it may be a step in the right direction.. AND YES SHE'S GUNNA HAVE CLOTHES ONE STEP AT A TIME

Across-Course Collab!

photographed & created by Kanna Kawakita

 The past weeks I worked inbetween my current project to collaborate with Kanna Kawakita from Fashion Media and Promotion here at UCA Rochester to create a portrait and "character-fy" her designs that she both made and photographed (seen above!) - which subsequently turned into two illustrations to be used for the front and back cover of her Zine! It was really fun to interpret her designs into characters and push them stylistically, and the idea of turning into a monster but remaining cute was inspiring to work with. On the left is the more transformed version of the original girl on the right! They were printed in A5 size for the Zine. I also just wanted to say a quick thanks to the mysterious person who put my name forward to Kanna. - Thanks :^D